Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Attempt at Ribs

Smokin_GoodSmokin_Good Posts: 40
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have four racks of baby backs. I have two beef and two pork. I put them on at about 12:45 at 215 degrees. I'm hoping to eat by 6:00.
XL & Medium BGE Keller, TX
·

Comments

• You can let it ride at 250

LET'S EAT
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Well? How were they?
    What did you put on them?
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 909
    Looks like a great start...how was the finish ??? 

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • They turned out great. I liked the beef better then the pork but both were a hit with everyone. I used Texas BBQ Rub's Grand Champion. They were on a little over five hours. Here is the final product. 
    XL & Medium BGE Keller, TX
    ·
  • Steve753Steve753 Posts: 64
    They look good.
    I put some pork ribs on yesterday at 250 f for 4 hours over hickory chunks, and they turned out delicious.
    Large Big Green Egg
    Weber Gold
    Old Smokey

San Diego, Ca
    ·
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Nice looking ribs, I gotta try some of those beef ribs...
    ·