Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

"High Heat" Brisket

BigTex33BigTex33 Posts: 40
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I decided to have fun with my XL this afternoon and smoke 2 brisket flats (8lb and 8.5lb) at 325*-ish.  I usually smoke whole packer briskets at 225-250* until I hit 185* in the thickest part of the flat.  I may have a hit or I may be drinking my sorrows away with some nice Saint Arnold Spring Bock...either way, I win.

8lb & 8.5lb Cryovac Angus flats
Ozark Oak Lump
Mesquite Chunks
Drip pan with water and beer
Dry rub (one with Hinze's Brisket Rub and the other with course sea salt, course ground pepper, and garlic powder)
Fat side down

I decided to go fat side down in hopes to not "leatherize" the bottom 1/4 inch of my briskets.  We will see how that works out.  Made my own sauce last night, hopefully it isn't necessary.  I'll try to get some after pics.  Plate setter is white because I went nuclear yesterday to clean the egg a bit.

Comments