Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Sous Vide/BGE Combo Cook

The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 11,680
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK- My nephew showed up tonight for a few pops and to get fed (smart boy) so tonight I'm doing Three 2" thick CAB Ribeyes in the Sous Vide and will finish with a hard sear on the egg. Should be good. I'll post pics.

With Sous Vide, you cook under vacuum in "food saver" bags until at your desired temp then hard sear to finish. Pretty cool way to cook. You can leave a steak in for 6-8 hours and it never over cooks (the water temp is precise and holds foods at their ready temp for many hours without over cooking). Then you add flavor by (in tonight's case) seasoning and hard searing on the egg. 

Keep you posted.

Comments