Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dreaming of Oyster Mushrooms , Woo!

Options
BBQ Bob Trudnak
BBQ Bob Trudnak Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Woo,
Are those wonderful Oyster Mushrooms available all summer? I have not stopped thinking about them. I wonder if they distribute them through Produce Junction....[p]BBQ Bob

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Yes, they're available year 'round.
    Dude, they don't pick them in the woods anymore.... they're grown in controlled environments called mushroom houses.
    You can come down Kennett way and I'll take you to Phillips, even treat you to my favorite mom and pop Mexican joint, or you can wait until Hillard and I come up to visit y'all.
    On second thought, it's your turn to visit me.... and bring Shotgun Chuck.[p]John

[ul][li]house o shrooms[/ul]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    definately have to thank you for posting a picture a while back so i would know what to look for. they are great in the egg. the stores i go to just have all the musrooms kept in one area, we have portabellas and several others simply labelled exotic, makes it easy for the checkout clerk, but not for the buyer

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    there ain't NOTHIN better than those oyster shrooms. . ..dang they're good. . ..i put some in my potato gallete last time and they were unbelievable. ..[p]yummy

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    WaldorfEggfest2005132.jpg
    <p />fishlessman,[p]WaldorfEggfest2005133.jpg[p]Maaan!! Dat' Woo can sho grill dem' shrooms! Fo sho!![p]Chubby[p]
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,

WaldorfEggfest2005133.jpg[p]Are you dreamin'now?[p]Chubby

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!