Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This week's Egged grub... so far

R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Finished my taxes and celebrated with a 14 lb packer:

The flat after a few hours rest in a heated cooler:

Didn't have time to make burnt ends with the point so I sliced it instead:

And during the week some bacon wrapped treats for a couple of birthday potlucks in the office:

imageimage

imageimage

I love the smell of bacon cookin' in the Egg in the morning!

Thanks for looking!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• VA in GA
    VA in GA Posts: 54
    WOW!  I'm impressed, great job..  :-)
    Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Busy boy. Nice cook.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• R2Egg2Q
    Thanks VA in MI & Mickey!

Yup, its been a busy week!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Looks great. Nice pics
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2012

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• uncledave
    uncledave Posts: 90
    What is inside the bacon wrapped treats?
  • R2Egg2Q
    What is inside the bacon wrapped treats?

The first two pictures are Moink (Moo + Oink = "Moink") balls where the "Moo" comes from 1/2 oz beef meatballs and the bacon provides the "Oink".  They were lightly dusted with dry rub and cooked indirect for about 80-90 minutes at 280-300 degrees with some Cherry wood for smoke then sauced with bbq sauce and pulled minutes later.

The other treat is called a "pig shot" and consists of bacon wrapped around a disc of sausage (I used beef kielbasa) to form something that looks a bit like a "shot glass".  They can be filled with all kinds of ingredients.  I filled these with a cream cheese/mexican cheese combo and topped with a mix of brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne powder, and bbq rub.  I cook them the same way as the Moink balls.

Bay Area, CA