Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does Daisy fall off your egg when lid open?

Options
VA in GA
VA in GA Posts: 54
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just used my new medium egg for first time today, pouring down rain here in the thumb of MI.  My question is this, does your daisy wheel fall off when your top is open and if so what can be done to keep it in place when cooking?  Daisy falll off the deck into the bushes, not a good thing! 
Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    the hinge screw, aim it at the handle toward the front, if its in back, it swings back and pulls it off the egg when you open it. if the screw is forward your settings stay the same as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    The Ace Hardware guy I bought from gave me the same advice. So far, no problems.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • VA in GA
    Options

Well, now this really makes me feel silly not remembering this from my first BGE 4 years ago! lol  Guess I have some re- learning to do..  :-)

• VA in GA
    Options
    Fishlessman & Eggo,   Thank You for your comments, so appreciate your advise.   If only learning about the BGE again was as easy as the Thermapen works!   :-)
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Love that thermapen. Its actually taught me I was over cooking things like sausage.
    FWIW, before I bought an egg I read naked whiz's site front to back. I did it again a couple weeks ago to see what I forgot.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • VA in GA
    Options
    Love that thermapen. Its actually taught me I was over cooking things like sausage.
    FWIW, before I bought an egg I read naked whiz's site front to back. I did it again a couple weeks ago to see what I forgot.
    HUM!  I'll have to take a look at the Naked Whiz's site to see what I've missed.   :-)
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Options
    If you still got the extra bit of gasket that comes with the egg, you could put it around the chimney(top vent) whatever you call it instead of inside the ceramic damper top, I had a little brain fart earlier, suddenly occurred to me it was a better way of insuring both tops stayed on tightly, ya still got to line the screws up, or the daisy will move but it should stop the DMFT from being launched off when you open the dome, just a thought.