Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stir Fry-- Chicken with Bok Choy and Oyster Sauce

Mighty_Quinn
Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
It's been a while since I've woked, and Bok Choy looked good at market so I went for it....

....sauce was- 3 T Chinese rice wine, 2T oyster sauce, 1 T toasted sesame oil, 1 T soy sauce, 1/2 t sugar, 1/4 t ground black pepper.
Chicken, bok choy, carrots, scallions, red pepper, asparagus...

Mise en place
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Almost done

Plated up with some brown rice.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Recipe stolen, thanks!!  
    That really looks good!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mighty_Quinn
    Thanks Botch....steal away...it's from a Cooks Illustrated book of sauces and gravy.
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Nice, looks good. Wok and Egg make a great couple ;)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    @mighty. That looks awful. Come cook it On my EGG so I can see if I'm wrong or not. Thanks

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • dutchie
    dutchie Posts: 17
    Does look delicious....Just a question though about your egg, forgive my unfamiliarity, but what kind of gasket is that? a rutland?

"Oh how lovely cooks the meat"- Frankie Lane

Caledonia, Ontario

• Mighty_Quinn
    @dutchie....yep...Rutland.

@paul...I'm on my way!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    I have a bunch of rice leftover....anyone have a good fried rice recipe, particularly what sauce if any to use?
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2012
    I have a bunch of rice leftover....anyone have a good fried rice recipe, particularly what sauce if any to use?
    8 ounces Shrimp, small, shelled and deveined
    ½ teaspoon Salt, kosher
    Black pepper, freshly ground
    ½ teaspoon Corn Starch
    2 tablespoons Peanut Oil, divided
    3 Eggs, beaten
    2 stalks Green onions , minced
    4 cups Rice, leftover, grains separated well
    ¾ cup Peas and Carrots, Frozen, defrosted
    1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
    1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
    1.METHOD 1 In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the salt, pepper and cornstarch. Let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature. Heat a wok on high heat. When the wok is hot enough for a bead of water to instantly sizzle and evaporate, add just 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and swirl to coat wok.2.2 Add the shrimp, quickly spreading out around the cooking surface area so that they are not overlapping. Let fry, untouched for 30 seconds. Flip over and let the other side fry for 30 seconds, or until about 80% cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the wok onto a plate, leaving as much oil in the wok as possible.3.3 Turn the heat to medium, let the wok heat up again. Add the eggs, stirring in a quick motion to break up and scramble the eggs. When the eggs are almost cooked through (they should still be slightly runny in the middle), dish out of the wok into the same plate as the cooked shrimp.4.4 Use paper towels to wipe the same wok clean and return to high heat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, swirling to coat. When the oil is very hot, add the green onions and fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add in the rice and stir well to mix in the green onions throughout. Spread the rice all around the wok surface area and let the rice heat up, untouched until you hear the bottoms of the grains sizzle, about 1-2 minutes. Use the spatula to toss the rice, again spreading the rice out over the surface of wok.5.5 Drizzle the soy sauce all around the rice and toss. Add the peas and carrots, the cooked eggs, shrimp and sesame oil, tossing to mix the rice evenly with all of the ingredients. Let everything heat back up again, until the rice grains are so hot they practically dance! Taste and add an additional 1 teaspoon of soy sauce if needed. Serves 4.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Thanks.  I forgot to give my source.  I have made it about 10 times, and it's pretty good.

Click here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious