Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trying new lump

Options
Brownie
Brownie Posts: 1,023
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just returned home with Ozark Oak, and Natures Own (Basques).  Can't wait to try them. I want to try Wicked Good soon also. I have used BGE, Royal Oak, Cowboy, and Restaurant (from Freds bbq). Try to find a perfect blend of flavor, and length of burn. Which lump do you prefer?

Comments

• paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    Options
    I have gone to Western from Publix. $21 for 20lbs. Some really big pieces, a few medium and some small pieces also. Low and slow, this has been awesome! WiZ has a review from a while back on it. But this is not even close to what he had back then. It's some goo stuff.

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    Ozark oak
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    You are going to Love the Natures Own. It has a slightly less smoky flavor, and I use it on almost everything I cook, unless its low and slow amd i want more of the smoke flavor. I get the 18.8lb bag locally (in GA) for $18/bag or so. It's really good stuff, and so far has been very consistent.

Because of it being sugar maple and less smoky than others, I use it exclusively on fish and chicken.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • gunslingingmonkey
    Options
    Royal is best for the buck
    North east georgia