Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Trying new lump

BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just returned home with Ozark Oak, and Natures Own (Basques).  Can't wait to try them. I want to try Wicked Good soon also. I have used BGE, Royal Oak, Cowboy, and Restaurant (from Freds bbq). Try to find a perfect blend of flavor, and length of burn. Which lump do you prefer?
·

Comments

• paulheelspaulheels Posts: 457
    I have gone to Western from Publix. $21 for 20lbs. Some really big pieces, a few medium and some small pieces also. Low and slow, this has been awesome! WiZ has a review from a while back on it. But this is not even close to what he had back then. It's some goo stuff.

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
    ·
  • Don't use frontier. I bought it thinking it might have potential.... Nope I've never seen so much smoke coming from natural lump
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Ozark oak
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 466
    You are going to Love the Natures Own. It has a slightly less smoky flavor, and I use it on almost everything I cook, unless its low and slow amd i want more of the smoke flavor. I get the 18.8lb bag locally (in GA) for $18/bag or so. It's really good stuff, and so far has been very consistent.

Because of it being sugar maple and less smoky than others, I use it exclusively on fish and chicken.
    Athens, GA
    ·
  • Royal is best for the buck
    North east georgia
    ·