Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Follow up to my "which gloves to grab platesetter with" post

FxLynch
FxLynch Posts: 433
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

I posted a while back about wanting a glove that would allow me to grab a hot platesetter so that I could switch right to direct, after cooking indirect.

I had a lot of suggestions from the board, but on Easter my fiance surprised me with the "Big Green Egg" brand glove.  I wouldn't have tried it personally, because it seems sometimes specific accessories are better when made by a company specializing only in that type of item. (thermoworks for thermometer, etc).

However, it was a very nice gift and I finally tried it this past weekend.  I have to say, it was very easy to pull out the platesetter after smoking some food, and even though I reached down to where the coals were burning, it didn't even approach uncomfortable.  In fact, it really only felt warm.  The guy at the BGE store showed her how he lifted the platesetter with one glove, using the ash tool on the other side, so she gave me the instructions and it worked like a charm.  I also cleaned the grill using a grill brush after searing steaks at 700 degrees while the fire was still fully lit (seems to clean better that way) and again, my hand never even approached being uncomfortable.

So I'd have to say, the glove does exactly what I wanted it to do.

Frank

Comments