Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nothing Special. Burgers on the Egg!! Pics included

Options
NightwingXP
NightwingXP Posts: 448
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have been absent from the forum for awhile and haven't Egged anything since last week. Had to fire up some burgers tonight!!
Little cherry chips for flavor and waiting anxiously!! Never tried cherry with burgers before. Figured WTH!

:D
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Ha, ha, I have never done burgers on the Eggs because the wife has instituted a life style change!  Look delicious.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Always special on the Egg: Good looking burgers.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    Options
    Your lid seems to open more than mine.Maybe it is just the picture
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Need a little more DNA data.  What was the lean/fat ratio? fish sauce? How much bacon and cheese added? Butter on the buns?  Other essentials, like lettuce, tomato, onion?  What beer was used to wash it down? Fries? Banes?   

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• NightwingXP
    Options
    Your right Mickey! Anything off of the Egg is special!! They were great burgers! Good smoke ring, very juicy and I think the cherry smoke is a definite hit with burgers! Too Good!!! It's crazy how the Egg makes all the grilling I have ever done my whole life go up to a whole nother level! Everything tastes better on the Egg!
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Need a little more DNA data.  What was the lean/fat ratio? fish sauce? How much bacon and cheese added? Butter on the buns?  Other essentials, like lettuce, tomato, onion?  What beer was used to wash it down? Fries? Banes?   
    We were shooting for a quick easy supper tonight. I season and mix my burger meat before making patties. Per pound of grnd beef I use about 3-4 T. of Kraft parmesan/romano cheese, about 1/2 T. of your favorite seasoning (I used Steak N Shake seasoning), roughly a T. of minced onion and anywhere from 3-5 T. of your favorite BBQ sauce. ( my grnd beef was 80/20). Make into patties and freeze for 15-25 minutes or while Egg is stabilizing. As mentioned I used cherry chips for smoke and we just had iced tea and Ore Ida Crispers. I like plain ole cheeseburgers and we ate picnic style on the back patio. Easy supper and on to other week off projects. ( Just poured a new sidewalk in front of the house yesterday and have landscaping to do tomorrow ). Awesome burgers! Lovin the Egg more everyday!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Sounds great !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a burger on the egg, I'll take one any day. Without even reading your description and just looking at the picture, I would have guessed cherry wood. Something about it just gives meat a more red color. Nicely done.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Burgers are VERY special in my opinion -- love 'em!  Great pic! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Options

Check your bands for tightness ... should be some bend in the bolts and brackets.

BTW ... burgers look great!

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Burgers are VERY special in my opinion -- love 'em!  Great pic! 
    Agree. Burgers on the BGE are the best!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)