Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What 2 Egg combo would you choose?

2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    But you are 6' 4" and built like a brick outhouse

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited April 2012
    no.  it's just everyone looks that way to you, your mayorship.
    *scroll to 3:04)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mfZN47tmddo
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    A classic for sure

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    The XL with only a partial load of lump for direct and indirect options.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I live alone, and occasionally entertain up to six folks.  I originally bought a Large cuz it could do two full briskets.  I then bought a Small because fueling/heating up the Large just to cook a single chicken breast seemed silly.  For awhile I'd wished I bought a Mini instead, but lately I found that wokking for one is ideal on the Small.
    So, now, I'm totally happy with what I have.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Wanted to mention: if you have a family or entertain often, it makes a LOT of sense to get two Larges; having to only buy one set of accessories makes a lot of sense!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited April 2012
    6 legs or 4 burgers on Mini
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lot's of Mini talk on the board lately. Looks great Mickey!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I have 2 larges out back and a small and mini in a table in my garage that I cook on out front. I use the small and mini more than the larges but thats probably because they are closer to the kegerator. I would have a hard time getting rid of any of my eggs because they all serve different purposes. Even my larges have different purposes one with a nomex gasket for low and slows and the other with no gasket for pizzas and searing multiple steaks.
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Technically, I have a large and a medium, but the medium is still NIB and probably going back to Costco.  I just don't think I can justify keeping both, and the medium seems to small for things like rack of pork or a brisket of any size.
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    A small might handle many of my cooks but I'd probably get a medium if I were doing it today.  For me, it is cooking style.  I like having a little extra maneuvering room on the grill to deal with hot spots and having space to flip and work the spatula.  I don't like having the grid packed as tight as shown in Mickey's pictures of 4 burgers, although some times for big BBQs that is the way it happens.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.