Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wokka Flocka Flame

Options
JerkChicken
JerkChicken Posts: 551
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Here is my first attempt at wok on the BGE. I have been stir frying outdoors with propane for years on the same wok (Wok Shop). Turned out I had the perfect size for the Large BGE and all I needed was the spider. Thanks for the tips Village Idiot, I don't think you are quite the idiot you claim to be...

Scrounged around what I had around the house. Jumbo Shrimps and some Lo Mein noodles with Broccoli and Onion.

For the sauce, I whipped together some fresh garlic, ginger, Sriracha, Hoisan, Soy Sauce, sugar, Rice Wine, red pepper flakes, Sesame seed oil, and a dash of corn starch.

I pre-boiled the noodles to get them soft (al dente)

Hit the screaming hot wok with the shrimps, then the veggies, then the noodles, then the sauce.

Sorry no during-cook pics, as you stir-friers know, it's fast and furious...

Turned out great. A sweet/Spicey flavor with crisp veggies and juicy perfectly cooked shrimp.
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments