Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Craiglist - Used Medium Egg

XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

good price?

MEDIUM - Big Green Egg: Seasoned and comes with Plate setter and Table. Selling because I have the Large BGE and don't really need or use the medium egg that much.

Retail new $625.00 without the plate setter and table.

Happiness in a smaller package -- the Medium EGG is perfectly sized for smaller families and couples. Get all the famous Big Green Egg versatility and efficiency in a smaller package with plenty of cooking area to accommodate a backyard cookout of four steaks or two whole chickens.

·

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,961
    I bought my Medium egg in CA (it matters, price different in different parts of the country) new for $900ish with platesetter and a nest.  The egg itself was $699.  Personally, I'd spend the extra money and get the lifetime warranty.
    ·
  • odie91odie91 Posts: 211

good price?

MEDIUM - Big Green Egg: Seasoned and comes with Plate setter and Table. Selling because I have the Large BGE and don't really need or use the medium egg that much.

Retail new $625.00 without the plate setter and table.

Happiness in a smaller package -- the Medium EGG is perfectly sized for smaller families and couples. Get all the famous Big Green Egg versatility and efficiency in a smaller package with plenty of cooking area to accommodate a backyard cookout of four steaks or two whole chickens.

what's the price he's selling it for?  if he's asking $625 used, that's a total ripoff. 
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575
    edited April 2012

sorry..  missed that part

$475 for it

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/hsh/2959861293.html

·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Screw that. Get a new or Demo large. This is something you'll have for life, don't settle. You'll wish it were bigger and you may regret not having warranty.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575

i didnt plan on buying it and have no plans to buy a 2nd at this point in time :)

just posting in case anyone was interested.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,258
    Ummm no to the Lowes cooker.....

I don't think that price is too bad considering that table and all is with it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    There is a Large BGE on my local craigslist right now for $550. Great shape with Nest if that gives you an idea. Probably talk em down $50 too.... 

It'll go quick
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 812
    Screw that. Get a new or Demo large. This is something you'll have for life, don't settle. You'll wish it were bigger and you may regret not having warranty.
    What's typical for a demo LBGE?  I bought one for $650 with nest and plate setter.  How'd I do?
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    I have a medium that I bought used, with a table. The table was a little worn but more than serves it purpose. Egg, table, rib rack, BGE grate gripper, beer can butt chicken rack - $125. Priceless!!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·
    @njl
    My Demo egg was $750. Came with nest, plate setter, ash-tool, starters and a bag of lump. But a huge factor is that the Demo eggs come with the full warranty. $650 would be a great price for demo egg and an okay price for a craigslist egg.
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 812
    Cool.  I figured I'd done well.  IIRC, retail on a LBGE, nest, and plate setter is about $1000.  So, getting $350 off on a lightly used one with warranty seemed like a deal.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,258
    If you are in ATL there is a great deal on craigslist right now. Lightly used LBGE with accessories, really nice table and a light for $750.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·