Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Green Egg Cookbook?

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,712
edited April 2012 in Pork
Does anyone know of a good BGE cookbook for various meats, low and slow, and "types" of cooks(direct, indirect) ? It may be worthwhile just to keep with the forum as a guide for recipes...but i was at Lowes and saw a couple magazines and was curious

---and this is besides the officially licenses BGE cookbook. Im looking for like a 3rd party
·

Comments

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Check naked whiz's site....I believe he has PDF cookbooks for all the eggfests...
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,834
    Not a fan of the officially licensed BGE cookbook. Do what MQ said and ck Whiz's site and a few others. WHat you find posted here and the other forum is light years ahead of the BGE official book.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the mention of the Naked Whiz information Mickey, I hadn't spotted that section of the site, a big thank you to Whiz for gathering so much useful information in one place, this will give me hours of reading
    ·
  • Not a fan of the officially licensed BGE cookbook. Do what MQ said and ck Whiz's site and a few others. WHat you find posted here and the other forum is light years ahead of the BGE official book.
    +1. That book is no bueno

·
  • PORTIA013PORTIA013 Posts: 11
    I got the Big Green Egg cookbook on E-Bay - paid about 20.00 for it - don't love it, but there are a couple good recipes, better resource here tho...... but the pictures are pretty!  (trying to make myself feel better for the purchase!)
    ·
  • Yeah i checked out the Naked Whiz Cookbook stuff, thats exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks peeps.
    ·
  • AlligatorAlligator Posts: 35
    Not a fan of the officially licensed BGE cookbook. Do what MQ said and ck Whiz's site and a few others. WHat you find posted here and the other forum is light years ahead of the BGE official book.

+1. That book is no bueno
    What makes it no bueno?  I have the BGE cookbook but got it as a freebie with my large egg.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,834
    @Alligator. This is a large $50 book they are talking about. Save your money.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I got the little freebie one too. I've never used it but, hey, it's free! As Mickey said, we are talking about the big book.

·
  • BjorgBjorg Posts: 233
    I tried the living cookbook trial from naked wiz. Tons of recipes. I might buy the full version now that the trial is over. Anybody using it or any other digital cookbooks?
    Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    be bold and create your own

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • AlligatorAlligator Posts: 35
    @Alligator. This is a large $50 book they are talking about. Save your money.
    Yeah that is the free one I got thrown in.  Hard cover about an inch or so thick.
    ·
  • crmwellcrmwell Posts: 19
    If you have an Amazon account, you can get it  for e readers for $10.00!
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 424
    I've got the big one and haven't found much use so far. The pics are nice though. This site and the whiz is the place for recipes.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·