Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cauliflower on the Egg?

scooter759
scooter759 Posts: 257
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Anybody have a good recipe for dressing up and cooking cauliflower on the Egg? My wife has a head in the fridge she wants to cook tonight and I'd prefer it grilled. I was thinking maybe some EVOO and a rub and grilled direct in a metal basket. I have Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin and Raging River on hand, as well as my own homemade rib rub that is on the sweeter side. Also have quite a staple of other BBQ and all purpose rubs and spices. I'm open to any suggestions and cooking options.

Thanks.

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN

Comments

• burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    I love grilled veggies but have not tried cauli. I would use evoo and dizzy pig tsunami and bet it will be good.
  • Salt, pepper, EVOO. I do it all the time and it's awesome.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Mix it with mutton and throw it in the garbage can. 

:))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Haven't done cauliflower, but did brustlesprouts last night.  I'm sure the same cooking method would appy.  I used the Smokin" Guitar Player's recipe. 

Wash sprouts (leave some water on them), place in foil, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with your favorite veggie rub.  I cooked them elevated at 350 while I cooked a chicken breast underneath.  The sprouts will take about 45 minutes.  Exceptional result.  Definitely didn't need butter.

Was going to cook them tonight, but may pick up some cauliflower instead. Thanks for the idea.     

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Leave the head together, EEVO, salt pepper.    Roast indirect till tender with a toothpick.

If you add any smoke - do it sparingly, cauliflower with SOAK up smoke flavor - easy to turn it bitter.

Cookin in Texas
  • scooter759

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • scooter759

What the heck just happened. Too early for the booze to be kicking in.

Thanks for the inputs. Sounds like it's gonna be drizzled with cilantro onion infused EVOO, DP rub laced with yellow curry powder cooked in foil.

It's either gonna be really good or really bad. If all else fails, I'll just cover it with parmigiano reggiano.

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

Thanks for the inputs. Sounds like it's gonna be drizzled with cilantro onion infused EVOO, DP rub laced with yellow curry powder cooked in foil.

It's either gonna be really good or really bad. If all else fails, I'll just cover it with parmigiano reggiano.

Same results indoors ... :|
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • scooter759

Same results indoors ... :|
    Even with the foil open?
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

For sure that will help ...

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Hope it was good for you. Cauliflower and Indian spices are great together

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• VanDawg38
    VanDawg38 Posts: 69
    Mix it with mutton and throw it in the garbage can. 

:))
    Finally, a good mutton recipe.
  • scooter759

Hope it was good for you. Cauliflower and Indian spices are great together

Turned out pretty good. The wife was skeptical about the curry powder but she liked it. Your Aloo gobi gave me the idea, didn't have the time for the whole recipe.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I'll try the mutton recipe next:)