Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My table is finally home and egged! (lots of pics)

Comments

• BjorgBjorg Posts: 233
    Beauty full and functional table, good job! I just got my IPE wood myself as well. This is a fun project. 

Quebec - Canada
    ·
  • I'm going to have my son-in-law make me a table. He does great finished carpentry work, and just finished adding on a 12'x14' expansion to my deck this weekend.

I would LOVE to get my hands on the plans for your table design Cazzy :)

NewEnglandEgger
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,126
    I'm going to have my son-in-law make me a table. He does great finished carpentry work, and just finished adding on a 12'x14' expansion to my deck this weekend.

I would LOVE to get my hands on the plans for your table design Cazzy :)

NewEnglandEgger

I talked to Daryn and there really aren't plans. He has the shop drawing with basic measurements but it's all in his head according to him. He's been in the game for a while and I gave him the liberty to wing it with this project. This is the first egg table he's ever done and he was very geeked about it.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Thanks for responding Caz.  I'll draw from your finished product for inspiration!

It is beautiful.

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,755
    That is a work of art!!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • extremely nice peice of work buddy...that makes my table look like childs play...how much for total parts, lumber, ect?
    ·
    edited April 2012
    Thank you! :) No clue what Daryn's shop spent on supplies. At this point, I just close my eyes and hand money over. :))
    ·
  • Now that it's all done, you will probably have time to work on that lawn. :)

Just kidding - AWSOME TABLE - well thought out.
    ·
    Lol...I tried to plant grass back there. There are trees everywhere so I gave up and just enjoy the low maintenance. Lol
    ·
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 239
    That is a work of art!
    ·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

Top shelf ... WTG!

Get 'er dirty and send pix so we can come down eh?

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    Thanks for the compliments guys.  For folks who didn't follow my "Sneak Preview" thread, I did not make this.  Daryn with Mandarin Studios created the design based off my wish list and built the table,

@NightwingXP and @travisstrick  I will get with the blacksmith that created my design and let you know soon.  I prepared him that these might be a hit over paver stones...he'll probably be a believer soon.
    Please let me know Caz! I don't have a ton of money but I would pay almost anything just for that stand and ash chute!!!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Very nice setup cazzy!
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 921

SWEEEET!

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • Wow great table!  One of the best looking I've seen.
    ·
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    Wow great looking table. I wouldn't leave it out in the rain/snow. 
    ·
    It's covered when not in use. I need to get a better cover but it works for now.

·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Outstanding!
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    ·
  • jbajorjbajor Posts: 17
    Cazzy, THAT is STUNNING!!!!  A work of Art!
    Jordan
    ·
  • WOW that is nice!
    ·
    Thanks guys! Still loving my table and I find it very functional for my egging.
    ·
  • DocWonmugDocWonmug Posts: 266
    All around nicest table post and pictures I have seen here. Very nice.
    LBGE
    ·
  • smokehogsmokehog Posts: 4
    Nice looking table!
    ·
  • ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    Beautiful table. Redwood was a good (although expensive) choice. My table is redwood and I keep it covered. Six years and it still looks great. Redwood hold up really well. Just remember that summer sun and heat is just as bad as wet weather for redwood.
    ·
    Doc and smokehog...thanks!!

@ribrun thats great to hear that it's held up good after 6 years. Thanks for the tip too! I leave it covered when not in use so hopefully that helps with longevity.
    ·
  • DriHeatAZDriHeatAZ Posts: 6
    Great looking table, Caz.  I'm especially interested in your chute.  How much would your blacksmith charge for a Large?

As soon as he figures out the pricing, I'll let you and everyone else know.
    How does the chute attach to the egg?
    ·
    It has nubs on the bottom of the chute that set into holes on the stand. If you look at the stand pic without the chute, you'll see what I'm talking about.
    ·
  • RekxRekx Posts: 9
    wow.  I think that is one of the nicest tables I have ever seen.  super nice.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,719
    Cazzy.. Do you have any of the designs or table plans for this? Im thinking i want to go a similar route
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,719
    Or contact info so i can buy one and look into having it shipped:-)
    ·