Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP non-BGE pizza stone

RichardBronosky
RichardBronosky Posts: 213
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
RIP non-BGE pizza stone. I'll never forget the 10 years we had together.
I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    I had one that did the same thing. My wife had just bought it for me just a few months ago. I have a perfectly good one that over 20 years old. I'll  just use it. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • I really think that the ones you buy at Bed Bath and Beyond can't handle the high heat. I know that the material of my BGE brand plate setter looks nothing any pizza stone I've ever seen... except the BGE brand pizza stone... which coincidently looks just like the material of the rest of my BGE. Hmmm...
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    I have a stone from bed, bath and beyond that I'll use until it explodes. It's worked fine so far. But, it is noticeably thinner than the BGE stone, and I don't expect it to last forever.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • spotco2
    spotco2 Posts: 61
    I used my 15 year old Pampered Chef tonight on a frozen pizza but kept the heat down to 425. I've got to invest in a BGE version before this thing explodes.