Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Beer can chicken

RblumentRblument Posts: 25
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I've had my egg close to two weeks and am getting the hang of it. Trying my first beer can chicken tonite. Anyone have any thoughts. I have a stand and am thinking direct heat without plate setter at around 375-400. Should I put it on a drip pan (I have some of those throw away aluminum pans from Costco) or just put the stand directly on the grill. How much beer should I swig outta the can. Thinking of rubbing outside of bird with dry rub and olive oil and throwing some whole garlic, sprigs of time and sage and some lemon slices in the can. Saw someplace it is good to punch two more wholes in the top of the can with a church key opener. Is that really necessary? Any tips and thoughts r most welcomed.

Comments