Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bottom Vent Door Stuck

Options
mybubbles65
mybubbles65 Posts: 7
edited April 2012 in Root
My vent door seems to be sticking.  I can't open it fully and the screen part is stuck to the outer door so when I open the door the screen goes with it.  Any suggestions on getting it to move more smoothly?

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Mine did the same thing.  The first week I owned my egg I took a screwdriver and carefully bent the metal where the door and screen run so that it moved more smoothly.  Worked for me.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• reh111
    reh111 Posts: 196
    Options
    When you get the solid door beyond the edge of the screen door, the screen door edge will "pop out" and prevent the solid door from closing beyond the far right edge of the screen door - take your finger, push in the far right edge of the screen door and, at the same time, with your right hand (thumb an index finger) pull the solid door to the left, sliding it over the back edge of the screen door - this will put it back in its original position so that when you slide the solid door to the left, it will also take the screen door with it - then, when you slide the solid door back to the right, you will probably have to hold the tabs on the screen door (use the index finger and thumb on your left hand) in order that the screen door doesn't slide to the right when you slide the solid door to the right ------ got it?????

Are you an adult????
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    When you get the solid door beyond the edge of the screen door, the screen door edge will "pop out" and prevent the solid door from closing beyond the far right edge of the screen door - take your finger, push in the far right edge of the screen door and, at the same time, with your right hand (thumb an index finger) pull the solid door to the left, sliding it over the back edge of the screen door - this will put it back in its original position so that when you slide the solid door to the left, it will also take the screen door with it - then, when you slide the solid door back to the right, you will probably have to hold the tabs on the screen door (use the index finger and thumb on your left hand) in order that the screen door doesn't slide to the right when you slide the solid door to the right ------ got it?????

Are you an adult????
    Plus I crimped (mashed) the far right corners so the solid door can't go too far right and past the screen door.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options

Are you an adult????
    The way I understand it, this isn't their problem.  It's simply that the screen and the door are sticking together and that's because the groove where the screen and door slide are pinched too tight together.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Are you an adult????

Last I checked Adults don't troll message baords and flame people for asking legitimate questions. You didn't even get what he was asking so keep it positive or go troll somewhere else.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX