Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egg appetizers

FrogLadyFrogLady Posts: 1
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just got my Egg and I would like to make some appetizers. Any suggestions for a novice?
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,572
    The classic is the jalapeno popper, aka, the "ABT." Search on "jalapeno popper," or "Atomic Buffalo."
    ·
  • chicken wings are a no-brainer and super easy, bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with jalapeno and jack cheese comes to mind. There are thousands but gdenby is on the right track. That's a great place to start. also, take boneless skinlees chicken thighs and roll up whatever you like in them and grill them. I wrap them in bacon (pics below)- wrapped and stuffed with goat cheese and jalapeno. Super easy and crazy good

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    We have shrimp alot, here's what we do. Marinate the 21-25 count size peeled and deveined, tails on shrimp from Costco, in 1/4 cup EVOO, along with 1 tsp. kosher salt, 1 tsp. granulated garlic, 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper and 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper. Mix this all together, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Skewer on pre soaked skewers and cook at 325-350 for approximately 2 minutes a side, until opaque in color. Nice little kick from the peppers.

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    BINGO Cen-Tex Smoker: take boneless skinlees chicken thighs and roll up whatever you like in them and grill them. I wrap them in bacon (pics below)- wrapped and stuffed with goat cheese and jalapeno. Super easy and crazy good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    ABTs are always a winner...

I could eat like a hundred of those.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • Turtle Eggs are easy and taste great!

http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/turtle-eggs/

BOOMER!
    ·
  • JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    Those look tasty cen-tex, will be giving them a go
    ·
  • Those look tasty cen-tex, will be giving them a go
    They were good and super easy. see the "fun with meat glue" thread for the whole skinny. Meat glue is fun too!

·
  • Those look tasty cen-tex, will be giving them a go

They were good and super easy. see the "fun with meat glue" thread for the whole skinny. Meat glue is fun too!
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138413

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352

Any stickmeat is good if you have time to prep. Lamb lollipops, sliced smoked duck breast.

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=557

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited April 2012
    I haven't tried this, but it looks tasty and classy.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • UrbanEggUrbanEgg Posts: 35
    edited April 2012
    Shrimp on a skewer wrapped in basil and bacon. There is little prep time and it only takes 6-8 minutes to grill.

Heck, wrap bacon around anything and you'll always have a winner! Scallops, mini-steaks, human limbs...
    ·
  • And we are nothing if not classy!

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    And we are nothing if not classy!
    Yes.  And, ABT's are so proletarian, wouldn't you say?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • If proletarin means delicious, then yes. Nice use of the vocab this morning VI!

·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101
    ABTs are always a winner...

I could eat like a hundred of those.

+1
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·
  • Chicken liver stuffed mushroom caps wrapped in bacon.

·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 979
    Moink balls. Look in recipe section
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,970
    Turtle Eggs!!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·