Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resetting A Lid

Options
JayHawkEye
JayHawkEye Posts: 196
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

I moved my XL from my deck to my patio (staining season) and found out the hard way that there is now a gap between my lid and the base. What is the advice to reset my lid? Do I need to do more than just loosening the bolt on the upper band and adjusting that?

*On a side note, I have a nomex to put on still. Should probably do that now, huh?

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options

Following is a good link for explanation about addressing all types of alignment issues with the Kamado/BGE; and there are several more via Google-may help you out- Good luck-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jplxn4yAg
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I'd start with just the lid bolt and see if that does it.  Not too difficult to loosen "side-to-side" bolts if you have other alignment issues.  Once you get it right, I'd recommend cranking them so the bolts bend and double-bolting them as well, so there's little chance of slippage in the future.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Options
    The video is fairly straight forward, few little differences with the XL though?