Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need some non-caster feet recommendations

Options
CAWjr
CAWjr Posts: 25
edited April 2012 in EGG Table Forum
My new BGE table looks great, but it is currently sitting flush on the ground.  My deck pad is slightly sloped, so I don't want to put casters on it, but I do want to get the wood up & off the ground so my table will last a while.

Are there any recommendations for feet that will get the table at least a few inches off the ground and still bear the weight of the egg & the table?  The table doesn't weigh too much as it is made of cedar.  I was even thinking of something that could be adjustable so I could level the table on the sloped deck.

Thanks for the help!
BGE2.JPG 175.1K

Comments

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited April 2012
    Options
    FWIW, they make casters w/ brakes & locks on them, such that when you set the brake, the wheels don't move, and because the brake is usually a part of the lock, the lock keeps the wheel from spinning 360. 

My opinion is that the ease of moving the table around that the casters provide far outweigh the negatives, especially if you get the locking/braking ones. 

edit:  Here's a perfect Egg-sample (and it's on sale too)!!: 

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001989/3722/4-Caster-Double-Locking-Swiveling-with-4-Hole-Mounting-Plate.aspx
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Options
    These are the best casters I have ever used, we paid a small fortune upgrading all of our normal casters at work over to these but it was well worth it, they are on very light work tables to 1 ton plus machines. Have a look

http://www.footmastercasters.com/
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

She used this for raising tables at Fests but you could use as well:

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    These are the best casters I have ever used, we paid a small fortune upgrading all of our normal casters at work over to these but it was well worth it, they are on very light work tables to 1 ton plus machines. Have a look

http://www.footmastercasters.com/
    JEC23 - wow, thanks for the link!!  Those are indeed some heavy-duty, unique, and (I'm sure) expensive casters.  Have bookmarked the link & will have to check them out!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Options
    @hillbilly-hightech cost is around £20 ($30) per caster here in the UK but I'm sure you folks would pay less than that, worth every penny in my books
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    If you decide not to go with casters, go to the decking hardware section at Lowes or Home Depot. They have plastic feet that are made for keeping porch posts from direct contact with the ground. They are around $2 each.
    Mark Annville, PA