Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Night....

Options
centex99
centex99 Posts: 231
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
3rd time... all 3 times have been fairly consistant... this time though, I could smell the gasket burning some... yummy.

Cheese

My pizza... sausage and mushroom... made with part moz. part mont jack cheese (didn't feel like grating more parm.)

Wife's pizza (roasted red peppers, artichokes, spinach, and pesto instead of tomato sauce)...

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Well done....nice looking pizza. It's one of my favorite cooks on the egg.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Details please, what dough, temp etc.   Looks tasty.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• centex99
    Options
    sams club dough... i let it sit out covered during the day to defrost/rise... temp was 600-650ish...
    setup
    plate setter, legs up, spider legs down (to get ring higher), and stone on top of spider...  Let the stone/egg get up to temp together...
    Cooked for 5-8ish minutes... I check them as I cook them and rotate as needed...
    sauce tonight was a can of classico ground tomatoes + salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano...
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    Great looking pizzas! One of my favorite cooks also. Kids love to build their own!
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • AUWAG
    AUWAG Posts: 73
    Options
    Has anyone ever put summer sausage on their pizza? I have some I was considering doing for my pizza cook Wednesday night.
  • centex99
    Options
    I've put sliced jalapeno cheddar sausage... it was good... I think I made a post with that pizza... it was awesome... fresh red/green jalapenos, moz, 3 alarm colby jack cheese, jalapeno cheddar sausage and onions....
  • RichardBronosky
    Options
    sams club dough... 
    @centex99 Sam's Club sells dough? Is it actually pizza dough, or a bread dough?
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
  • centex99
    Options
    if you go to where they sell hot dogs/pizza slices etc... they sell a box of dough balls... they also sell semi cooked pizza crust... and various other things in bulk that they use.. the dough balls they use for their baked on site pizza they sell... the curst they use on their take and bake pizzas...
    the dough balls are great... its 20 24oz balls for $15.xx 
    They may ask that you order them vs just get them, but they do sell them... my local store for instance gets them 3x weekly, so ordering a box isn't a big deal... they do take up a lot of room in freezer though... but they're awesome imho... and quite cheap!
    They're individually in plastic bags (not sealed) and they're frozen oiled dough balls... I just lay them out in bowl during day to defrost/rise...
    crust comes out great... crispy on bottom with a nice amount of chew...
  • RichardBronosky
    Options
    Working with frozen dough is tricky. You have to get your timing right to make GREAT pizza. Dough is all about the bubbles, as Jeff Varasano would say. You have to make sure you catch the bubbles on the way up not the way down. They may reach the same size on their way down, but they are not tight.

I'll give it a shot though. First, I'll try to get them to sell me a single ball for the cost of a slice. ;-)
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012