Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My Dual Egg/Kettle Table

RoyalQRoyalQ Posts: 11
edited April 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Hi all,

I finally pulled the trigger on a large BGE, but I just couldn't part with the Performer Kettle I've grown to love over the years. My solution: I built a custom table for both. What do you think? Sorry for the picture quality - overcast day in Boston.

By the way, the gas ignition on the Performer is perfect for lighting a chimney for my BGE!

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,698
    Looks awesome!!  Why would you part with a perfectly capable grill?  Good call on that one.  I know peeps who can work some serious magic on weber kettles.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    oh man! this is EXACTLY what I want to build! I have an older performer, bowl rusted and I have a brand new free one sitting in the box!  I love the design, and figured if I build a table for my large and my weber, if I get a XL ill be able to slide it right into where the kettle went.
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Nice design incorporating both. 
    What is that top made of? 
    Is that PT for the base? 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • RoyalQRoyalQ Posts: 11
    It helped that my kettle was green :)

With the exception of the top, everything is PT. I have zero carpentry skills, so everything is over-engineered (mostly 4x4s). 

The top is tan-brown granite. I stopped by a stone store and picked out a scrap piece from the lot. The granite was inexpensive, but the cutting & processing was costly. They gave me my pick of scraps (sink cut outs). The green silestone under the egg worked very well.
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,031
    Really nice!!!!  That is one beautiful piece of "scrap" for the top!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Great looking table!!
  • JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    Nice table, I'd have a granite top if I built a table too
  • I think you'll be replacing that Weber with another BGE within a year. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

It would be really hard to convince the wife that I needed another BGE!
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 228
    That's freakin sweet.  I may have to borrow that idea for my setup.  What did you use to hold up the kettle?
    The performer kettle has two flanges, one on each side. I attached those to aluminum square tubes, and attached the aluminum tubes with wooden brackets I made out of scrap pieces of wood.
    The performer kettle has two flanges, one on each side. I attached those to aluminum square tubes, and attached the aluminum tubes with wooden brackets I made out of scrap pieces of wood.

My kettle is a one touch gold, so I would have to do some slight, easy modification.  I happen to be a carpenter by trade, so it should be a sinch.  Again, what a cool table!
    Here's a picture of the kettle attachment.
    Here's a picture of the kettle attachment.

Thanks.
  • smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 276
    Sweet setup. Great choice keeping the Weber Kettle. I actually use my kettle a lot. May get used more actually. I put my one touch gold in a table a I ran steel strips around the cut out.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Great job on the table!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    That's awesome. Love the Weber performer too... 
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47