Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

My Dual Egg/Kettle Table

RoyalQRoyalQ Posts: 11
edited April 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Hi all,

I finally pulled the trigger on a large BGE, but I just couldn't part with the Performer Kettle I've grown to love over the years. My solution: I built a custom table for both. What do you think? Sorry for the picture quality - overcast day in Boston.

By the way, the gas ignition on the Performer is perfect for lighting a chimney for my BGE!

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,417
    Looks awesome!!  Why would you part with a perfectly capable grill?  Good call on that one.  I know peeps who can work some serious magic on weber kettles.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    oh man! this is EXACTLY what I want to build! I have an older performer, bowl rusted and I have a brand new free one sitting in the box!  I love the design, and figured if I build a table for my large and my weber, if I get a XL ill be able to slide it right into where the kettle went.
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Nice design incorporating both. 
    What is that top made of? 
    Is that PT for the base? 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • RoyalQRoyalQ Posts: 11
    It helped that my kettle was green :)

With the exception of the top, everything is PT. I have zero carpentry skills, so everything is over-engineered (mostly 4x4s). 

The top is tan-brown granite. I stopped by a stone store and picked out a scrap piece from the lot. The granite was inexpensive, but the cutting & processing was costly. They gave me my pick of scraps (sink cut outs). The green silestone under the egg worked very well.
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,022
    Really nice!!!!  That is one beautiful piece of "scrap" for the top!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Great looking table!!
  • JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    Nice table, I'd have a granite top if I built a table too
  • I think you'll be replacing that Weber with another BGE within a year. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

It would be really hard to convince the wife that I needed another BGE!
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
    That's freakin sweet.  I may have to borrow that idea for my setup.  What did you use to hold up the kettle?
    The performer kettle has two flanges, one on each side. I attached those to aluminum square tubes, and attached the aluminum tubes with wooden brackets I made out of scrap pieces of wood.
    The performer kettle has two flanges, one on each side. I attached those to aluminum square tubes, and attached the aluminum tubes with wooden brackets I made out of scrap pieces of wood.

My kettle is a one touch gold, so I would have to do some slight, easy modification.  I happen to be a carpenter by trade, so it should be a sinch.  Again, what a cool table!
    Here's a picture of the kettle attachment.
    Here's a picture of the kettle attachment.

• smokeyjsmokeyj Posts: 262
    Sweet setup. Great choice keeping the Weber Kettle. I actually use my kettle a lot. May get used more actually. I put my one touch gold in a table a I ran steel strips around the cut out.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Great job on the table!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    That's awesome. Love the Weber performer too... 
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47