Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Newbie with a good butt

RichfrancisRichfrancis Posts: 6
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just finished pulling the pork off my smoked butt.  All I can say is OUTSTANDING.  Now the questions is what is the best way to reheat it for tomorrow lunch?  Crock pot?  Microwave?  Oven?

Thanks in advance

·

Comments

• Nice title- great thing about Pulled Pork is that it warms up nicely. I even use the dreaded microwave when in a hurry. You can do stove top, oven, nuker, crock pot, low and slow or fast. It's very forgiving so try a few different ways and see which one you like. 

·
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    I warmed my butt in the microwave today.  Be sure to cover it so it won't get too dry.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    I use a slow cooker or stove top, and add a little coke or dr pepper. Reheats very easily.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    If you have a vacuum sealer, you can vacuum seal it and reheat it in hot/boiling water in the bag... a zip lock will work in a pinch... but I've used the microwave even for PP...
    ·
  • If you have a vacuum sealer, you can vacuum seal it and reheat it in hot/boiling water in the bag... a zip lock will work in a pinch... but I've used the microwave even for PP...
    yep. That's a great way to do it. We have a sous vide cooker and we use it to warm stuff all the time. It's the most gentle way to do it.

·
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    I've never cooked any sous vide...  can you do it without a cooker or is it too much trouble to maintain 180ish water...
    ·
  • I've never cooked any sous vide...  can you do it without a cooker or is it too much trouble to maintain 180ish water...
    it would be tough without a very precise stove. It's awesome and I cook at like 125-130. It's cool too- works well with the egg (sear after sous vide)

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,207
    I even tried my rice cooker, and it worked fine!  It came with a raised, perforated metal plate that keeps the food (they suggest vegetables) over the water in the bottom.  It does soften up any bark, but on pork butt I don't mind so much.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • I even tried my rice cooker, and it worked fine!  It came with a raised, perforated metal plate that keeps the food (they suggest vegetables) over the water in the bottom.  It does soften up any bark, but on pork butt I don't mind so much.  
    I've heard that works well as a sous vide, Botch. It's a fun way to cook too. 

·
  • scaryangelscaryangel Posts: 134
    I warm it in the microwave with a damp paper towel over it.
    ·
  • Thanks for all the help.   Used the vacuum sealer and heated it in hot water.  Turned out great.
    ·