Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thursday night Pizza!

Options
FlyingTivo
FlyingTivo Posts: 352
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well after a few cycles I decided to take it to the next level, and I mean Hot!!!
Lighted the XL with my new looftlighter, set in the platesettSer with legs up, then the grill, then the stone.
If you guy remember since new i changed the lower gasket to rutland but kept the top gasket in place.
As destiny would have it, i completely burned it and i will have to replace it. I know some of you will tell me that
I should only remove it and use one gasket, but i really liked how the rutland feels and works.

Well on to the pizza, since it was my first attempt, I got a 4 dough balls from a friend that owns a pizzeria!
Streched the dough sauced it up, lots of mozzarella cheese with gouda, pepperoni, onion, mushrooms and Bacon!!!
Took only 5 minutes at 700 dome, here are some pictures! They were very nice but i think the next time i will lower to 
550 since i could taste a slight burnt aroma from the flour used to slide the pizza with the peeler.

I will surely be making a lot more of this!!
Men, easier fed than understood!!

Comments

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    I totally agree and know what you mean about tasting the flour on the bottom. Instead, build your pizza on parchment paper. It will slide easily onto the stone. After about three minutes or so pull the parchment if you wish. Great looking pizza though.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Instead of flour, try some fine ground cornmeal. Like little edible ball bearings.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Instead of flour, try some fine ground cornmeal. Like little edible ball bearings.
    Excellent!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    Options
    Looks like you nailed it.I like useing the parchment paper it works great.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I use cornmeal too. it works better than flour for sliding the pizza around. I'll try parchment too. Good idea
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    Thank you guys, i will post my next pizza night!

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • Principalchef
    Options
    Without a doubt, parchment has solved all of my pizza transfer problems.  I slide it problem-free onto the stone, close the lid, wait two minutes then take out the parchment paper.  Perfection, and no more frustrating transfers.  Parchment rocks!
    Love cooking on my XL BGE for 2, 12, or 100!
    www.principalchef.com

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Without a doubt, parchment has solved all of my pizza transfer problems.  I slide it problem-free onto the stone, close the lid, wait two minutes then take out the parchment paper.  Perfection, and no more frustrating transfers.  Parchment rocks!
    Awesome. thanks so much for the tip!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX