Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Stuff!

smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

The soon-to-be Mrs.SmokinSooner was good to me!

BOOMER!
Lodge.jpg 54.7K
·

Comments

• Will you use the dutch oven on the Egg? I've got one from Le Creuset. I need to check the temperature tolerance of my lid handle.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
    ·
  • Will you use the dutch oven on the Egg? I've got one from Le Creuset. I need to check the temperature tolerance of my lid handle.

Yep. The Lodge is made for the Egg!

BOOMER!
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i'm sure that if the handle is fine for your oven, it's fine for the egg.  lots of folks use their le cruesets on the egg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • The handle unscrews on ours so we take it off on hotter cooks. I think they said it was good to 350 or something like that. Ours is a Crueset knockoff we got as a gift (cheap basta.....or wait, I meant thanks!)

·