Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Original Charcoal Company Lump at Costco

sjrsjr Posts: 3
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I saw a 35lb bag of The Original Charcoal Company Lump from Mexico for $14.99.  That's a great deal but wanted to see if anyone has had experience with this charcoal.  I use Royal Oak Lump from the USA and love it.

Comments

• MillsyMillsy Posts: 104
    Wow that sounds like a deal
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,006
    Check out the review on the Nakedwhiz website:  www.nakedwhiz.com  under lump reviews.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Yep. It's good and I highly recommend it for the price. I cooked on it at a buddies house last weekend and it was great. I use the Sam's version and it's 100% mesquite at $1499 for 40 lbs. Love it.

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,088
    Wow, $1,500 for 40lbs? That is out of my price range.
  • Yikes!. i think I could buy their whole operation for that! 

• The stuff i used from Costco was hardwood (not mesquite) but they have both. As far as flavor goes, you won't notice much of a difference. Mesquite chunks are a different story but the charcoal is similar to all the others.