Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Was my LBGE supposed to come with feet?

Options
RichardBronosky
RichardBronosky Posts: 213
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought my grill Saturday and it did not come with feet. I did not get the nest package, so I think I should have been given feet.
I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012

Comments

• spotco2
    spotco2 Posts: 61
    Options
    You should have gotten 3 feet with it.

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and they were in one of the boxes.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    They should all come with feet as they are part of the hardware package.  Go back to the dealer and ask them to pony up.  I bought my first egg with a nest and it was assembled and I didn't get the feet or the rain cap.  I went back to the dealer and he must have had 60+ feet and 20 rain caps on a shelf in the back room.  I hear this all the time and don't understand why some dealers don't include them. 

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Hmm.... is the mini supposed to come with feet?  Mine didn't.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No feet in Minis or XLs. But you paid for feet in your large, ask for them. Ask for a second set as you had to come back, you can always use them or a friend will be in need. They are in the back in a box of feet.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    I bought a large about a week ago and just got it set up. The feet were in the box with the cast iron chimney vent/daisy wheel thing. Check that box if you haven't already.
  • A2Z
    A2Z Posts: 99
    Options

I bought a large at the eggfest in phoenix at BBQ Island.  They told me the feet were in the box with the top cap.  Got home and no feet.  I had also asked for the white shipping spacers in case I ever had to remove the lid, could not find any of them either.

I felt very fortunate to just get the egg from these people.  Not getting another dime from me.  I love the egg but not the seller.

• brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    I met with the staff at the Mothership in Tucker GA today asking this same question. In the future they will not ship eggs with feet.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • ttime4four
    Options
    No feet in my LBGE - went to the dealer and picked some up.
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    Options
    Brian is correct. I believe my rep told me that was one of the running changes taking place this year, so it may depend how new the stock is whether is has feet of not.
  • RichardBronosky
    Options
    I bought mine from a high volume dealer in Roswell, GA. So, I probably got one of the "new packages".

I tell you what change they ought to make is to make the Nomex gasket standard. It's just plain shameful to sell all these people this gasket that they know we are going to have to scape and use chemicals to remove and replace.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012