Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Order of the Singed Hair, With Blister Clusters

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Whoa.  Really fired up the LG tonight for a wok cook.  Despite precautions got a good flash back, but more to report is if anyone wonders if the Workforce welder gloves work, I have the blisters to show they do not.

I have done some welding and other hot work and am fairly disciplined to set too hot stuff down, not drop it.  It would have been easy to drop the wok tonight.  I got as far as lifting it off the Egg and moved about three free before I got a fairly significant burn through the glove.  Set the wok on the pool deck.  I got it to serving by wearing the welding gloves and using Ovegloves like pot holders.

The Ovegloves are actually more effective.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments