Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I bet I'm the only person who has ever made this as their 1st BGE meal

RichardBronosky
RichardBronosky Posts: 213
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Saturday, I bought my first BGE.
Sunday, I put it together.
Monday, I took my wife to see a movie.
Tuesday, I lit the charcoal with a $19 heat gun from Harbor Freight. (This photo was taken after 2 minutes!)
I grilled Vegan Burgers and Broccoli. Why did I cook vegan first on my BGE? Because you cannot cook vegan on iron that has cooked meat. (At least that's what I'm told. I'm not vegan.) I made a few extras to take to the vegans at my job.
imageimage

And... because I'm not vegan, I put cheese on mine. :-D

Tomorrow, it's pork tenderloin.
I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012

Comments

• paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    GO VEGAN.  Its the VEGAN way.  Vegan is healthy, and surprisingly you can cook almost any meal that you  can think of in a Vegan way.  Been very curious of Veganism.  Wife, not so much.  Maybe when I get my laying hens she will let me try, probably gonna be a while though...

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • GO VEGAN.  Its the VEGAN way.  Vegan is healthy, and surprisingly you can cook almost any meal that you  can think of in a Vegan way.  Been very curious of Veganism.  Wife, not so much.  Maybe when I get my laying hens she will let me try, probably gonna be a while though...

Paul
    Um, hens and vegan? I don't think that's the vegan way. I've heard that vegans won't even eat honey.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Real Vegans don't eat honey, they don't eat anything that comes from an animal, errr, insect....
  • gte1
    gte1 Posts: 379
    I love vegans, more meat for me!!

George
    George
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    I love vegans, more meat for me!! George
    +1
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    A vegan owning an Egg is like a Muslim owning a pig.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I will tone down VI's in that my question is why not just a $29 pit?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    yeah, you right.  I should have used a little better sentence composition.  
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited April 2012
    Like Gandhi with an AK? 

RichardBronosky   have to say, that was considerate of you.
    Maybe just get them their own grate. Or just let them just smell the yumminess.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Man there are some funny replys here...VI you are a "HOOT"  i am glad i got to meet you at Salado, keep the great comments comming :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• A vegan owning an Egg is like a Muslim owning a pig.
    Like Gandhi with an AK? 

RichardBronosky   have to say, that was considerate of you.
    Maybe just get them their own grate. Or just let them just smell the yumminess.

For anything vegan I can probably use the steel grate that came with the egg. I can't imagine what I would ever cook that would make me want to use steel instead of the cast iron.
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    edited April 2012

=)) =))           =)) =))                   =)) =)) =))                                =)) =))
    =)) =))           =)) =))                =)) =)) =)) =))                              =)) =))
    =)) =))           =)) =))               =)) =))   =)=))                             =)) =))
    =)) =))           =)) =))              =)) =))     =)=))                            =)) =))
    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))             =)) =))       =)) =))                           =)) =))
    =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))            =)) =))=))=)) =)) =))                          =)) =))
    =)) =))           =)) =))           =)) =)) =)=))=)) =))                         =)) =))
    =)) =))           =)) =))          =)) =))             =)) =))
    =)) =))           =)) =))        =)) =))                =)) =))                       =)) =))
    =)) =))           =)) =))       =)) =))                  =)) =))                      =)) =))
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Damn. Didn't transfer over right!!

supposed to be  ( HA !)

lol
    Good one VI!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    You can use both for raised direct.
    cast iron, bricks, steel
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • You can use both for raised direct.
    cast iron, bricks, steel
    Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blooooooowwwwww the coals to 800°!

Serious, though. I like that suggestion. Thanks.
  • @#!*% . Didn't transfer over right!!

supposed to be  ( HA !)

lol
    Good one VI!
    I got it. Funny
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I love vegans, more meat for me!!

George
    I love them too.....they are delicious
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX