Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which website is best for BGE accessories?

Options
inkyon
inkyon Posts: 88
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to get my first Egg so I'm wondering which website sells the best for the accessories with most items at great prices? A friend suggested me Fred's Music and Barbecue Supply. I'm a generally a bargain shopper and I would rather to wait for items to get great price over getting it now from a local store at a higher price.  

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I may be wrong, but I think any of the official BGE accessories are pretty much price fixed.  But, for add on equipment, there are several sites that are popular.  The Ceramic Grill Store sells many useful accessories, and for woks and utensils, The Wok Shop in San Francisco is great.  Call Mrs. Chan and tell her you are an Egghead.  You won't get a discount, but she'll love you.

Fred's is a good place.  I have bought several things from him, like replacement gaskets.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• inkyon
    Options
    Thank you for the response, I'm just eager to get the Egg next week by checking out this wonderful forum to get the resources and information to fire up my egg in the best fashion as possible. I am looking to get a Large so I have a question about the spider: what size iron cast grate should I get to get it low to the grill to have the sear to my steaks? Is it fine with typical sized for a Large Egg? It is just something I have wondered about. 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The normal cast iron grate works great on the Large.  I bought one, used it a couple of times, and decided it was too much trouble to haul out for a steak.  It does look good, though.

(Note: this is an old picture and was posted long before the PC Nazis decided that guns are not appropriate on this forum)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Ceramicgrillworks is good too.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Scott P
    Scott P Posts: 22
    Options
    I would go with Fred'd like you said. I have been there several times and know him personally. They are the largest BGE stores in his area.
  • Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    Options
    I had great sevice from Freds also
  • inkyon
    Options
    Thanks everybody, I will check out the sites you suggested. I cannot wait to fire up my new LBGE to just have the increased possibilities with the menu planning with this forum's ideas. 
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Freds is great! Very knowledgeable staff. I shop there regularly.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I've Ben to Freds also. His rubs are awesome too. Just used some tonight on pork chops.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    i've got all my egg stuff from the ceramicgrillstore.com. But freds music and bbq are great, ordered from them plenty of times.