Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for something to make for Easter

Options
Sclemen
Sclemen Posts: 4
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum

Still new to the BGE and looking for any ideas for what to make for Easter?

Comments

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Ham is traditional, but I'm going for prime rib this year.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Accompany your meat with a twice baked potatoes. We love twice baked with smoked gouda from BGE cookbook.
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Easter is one of the few times of year Costco carries the "rack of pork".  It's a great hunk of easy to cook meat.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Rabbit :@) 3:-O ~:>
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    8 bone frenched rack of lamb, coated in Dizzy Pig Redeye Express, a homemade mint sauce, grilled taters, all smoked with pecan chunks and a field greens salad with evoo and 12 year old balsamic vinegar infused with Dutch chocolate! Can't wait! Happy Easter to all! Pics to come!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    FWIW, I just did a leg of lamb trial run this weekend.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1170138#Comment_1170138
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    RE: Easter is one of the few times of year Costco carries the "rack of pork".

I saw that last Saturday and was wondering about it, hadn't seen it before. Might slip over there and try that. Cook it like a butt? (thinkin' turbo .....)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Rack of lamb like a butt? Bite your tongue! A thousand times no.
    It's rib eye, only from a lamb.
    Roast it low til 125 (rare)

S, p, garlic etc.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    That's my plan! Direct at 350-400 until it hits 125-130 internal! Lamb lollipops! The pecan chunks are thrown in just in case the lamb wants to pick up some smoke flavor!
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Rack of lamb with a rosemary and port wine sauce and a beef tenderloin. Roasted shrimp with a remoulade sauce as an appetizer. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    edited April 2012
    Options
    RE: Easter is one of the few times of year Costco carries the "rack of pork".

I saw that last Saturday and was wondering about it, hadn't seen it before. Might slip over there and try that. Cook it like a butt? (thinkin' turbo .....)
    You can do these a variety of ways.  I did the first few kind of low (around 250F dome) to 145F IT with a wet and dry rub.  Then it occurred to me, there was really no need for the low temp.  I did one last Sunday (again, wet and dry BBQ rub).  I hadn't gotten the egg fully up to temp when I put it in, but I was running short on time...so I started it at 250F, but as quickly as I could, got it up to around 350F, and cooked indirect on the grill until 145IT.  It came out fine...only down side to the higher temp was that a large portion of the fat layer seemed to cook off and just disappear, and what was left of it and the rub got "burnt looking" but doesn't taste burned at all.

Before:
    After: