Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Man Night

Options

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Sure.  Thanks.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• mikey5874
    mikey5874 Posts: 86
    Options
    Well said everyone! If I offended anyone, I got a pay back this morning, I burnt my second breakfast pizza trying a different crust, but the first one was great! Happy hunting!
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Though I don't hunt - culling the deer population vastly improves the species' quality of life.

At 2300 yards, the shot would have to be hyper accurate.  There are far fewer people who can make that shot in the world than you'd imagine.  At that range, a 50 cal round would impact coming almost straight down.  Frankly, even a gut shot with that round would shatter so many vital organs the suffering wouldn't last long.

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• eggnited
    eggnited Posts: 94
    edited April 2012
    Options
    For what it's worth...I think the worst thing I've heard on here was
    about what VI delt with...with the customer bragging and laughing about
    a deer dragging itself away with its legs blown off. Hunting is
    necessary and most hunters do their bidding respectfully. I've
    done some hunting myself...in the past...but nowadays I prefer to stand back and let someone else do the dirty work. You know.. kind of like a sissy? :-)
    I think my desire to hunt went away when I started to have perspective that typical hunting isn't what I consider a sport.  That's why I call it food gathering....cuz I
    personally miss the sport aspect of a high powered rifle and
    scope. I'm sure plenty of people disagree. Again...I think hunting is necessary and don't judge it to be wrong...just not so much of a sport. 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Paul,
    My favorite part of this post is that you had to keep your "guys night" quiet as to not wake the kids. I feel you brother, good stuff...and I dig the beer container.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    So true. With an 11 month old, the beer in the box was more than enough. LOL
    Mark Annville, PA
  • paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    Options
    I don't care I you pick on beer. I hang out with beer snobs. It's fun
    @chubbs. Yeah tough loss. Patio is holding up good.
    Quiet wasn't the problem! Wife was at movies with friends. So "I was in charge" doesn't happen much. I was given standards to uphold. Good times!

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • paulheels
    Options
    Some of yall can sure type a whole lot! Glad I could start a topi in which we can have good a good time. Shoot it kill it find it eat it. That's my motto

Paul
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I blame PH for the issues in this thread, if he just would have spent a bit more on his beer this never would have happened.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    @paulheels No comment! I don't think it would be wise. And yes to Irish Devil. I would have never written on the thread if he wouldn't have bought the damn PBR. ;)
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Bunch of BS and lies. Lowlife.
  • MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174
    Options
    Bunch of BS and lies. Lowlife.

Aw, c'mon.  He can add a few grains of powder to his '06 and make into a 2300 yard gun LOL.

Here's what 940 yards looks like shot with a gun starting out about 350 fps faster than Cort's '06:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAOyY6yO9MQ

It''s not 2,300 like Cort, so I have to stand in awe of his accomplishment.

I post this because there are many non-shooters here and Cort is spreading some bubba-shooting BS pretty thick and putting ethical hunters in a bad light in doing so.

• paulheels
    Options
    I blame PH for the issues in this thread, if he just would have spent a bit more on his beer this never would have happened."
    PBR is not cheap. That's why I buy Old Mil, and Milwaukee's Best. And Busch gold tops. Only of we had Schmidt nearby. Gonna have a bunch of homemade wine this summer tho.
    Also I have a 1974 Pepsi machine I keep stocked. It's cheaper with those beers.

Paul
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
    But, but, he shoots's A-Max's and they are hand loads..
    Also, he has at least 5 spotters at all times, everyone knows if you have at least 5 spotters you get to multiply your IQ times 4!
  • cortguitarman
    Options

I'M AN IDIOT!

I have to appologize to everyone on this thread about the drama I've caused. It was not intentional. I know that there are people out there who think that long range hunting is not a fair way to hunt. I'm not here to discuss that issue. I'm here to learn to better use my egg. If you don't agree with my long range hunting, that is fine. I respect your opinion.

Now, as I read through the thread, I realized that I made a BIG typo. The shot that we took was 1300 yards, not 2300. I typed my information on my smart phone, and well, I guess my big sausage fingers hit the 2 instead of the 1. My second post, when I asked 2300 or 50, what's the difference, I was just going off of what I typed in the first post without thinking.

Now, with that said, hopefully that makes a bit more sense. I will do a better job of proofreading my posts before submitting them. And I certainly won't discuss long range hunting anymore. If you believe me, fine. If you don't believe me, fine. I will admit when I make a mistake and applogize for the drama I've caused. With that said, can we please talk about cooking on the egg?

Mark Annville, PA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Yes, that makes more sense.  2300 yards is 1.3 miles.  I drove to a store this morning, and clocked 1.3 miles.  You couldn't even make out a deer at 1.3 miles.  I was going to post that this was one April Fools joke.  I still don't approve of the 1300, but it's more believable. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Flamethrower
    Options
    As Uncle Ted Nugent says.Kill it and Grill it!!!!!!!!
    LET'S EAT
  • paulheels
    Options
    Quit apologizing, its an internet message board!  I done gone off and forgot all the riggarmorole yins was spittin bout this 4.8 mile 72caliber reverse fluted muzzle load shot that Cort was making at night during a hail/rain storm.  Man night will be once a month or every two months.  we dont know what the wives will allow yet.  probably bet at my place, cause I got the bad ass egg and the fire pit and darts and cornhole.  and a drink machine.  pics will be accompanying  the posts next times.  I forewarn tho, they might be a little racey.  we liked NASCAR, well I do, the other guys arent country, well except the guy from Kentucky but hes on country in that he hunts.  Ight lata

Paul
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
  • mikey5874
    Options
    Paul, do u fly for Jet Blue? Or have u ever?
  • mikey5874
    Options
  • paulheels
    Options
    @mikey, no.  I do not take or need medications and sure as hell dont fly a plane.  I just have a good time.
    "who does your daddy work  for and what does he do?"= anyone? anyone? prizes for the correct movie guess

Paul
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    "who does your daddy work  for and what does he do?"= anyone? anyone? prizes for the correct movie guess

Arnie S. in Kindergarten cop. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • paulheels
    Options
    Heyyyooo!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited April 2012
    Options
    did you just invite all the guys over because you have a cornhole and a drink machine?  :-O
    (not that there's anything wrong with that)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    Options
    LOL! I ain't touching that one...
  • stike
    Options
    that's what he said
  • paulheels
    Options
    @stike. Sir. It's "that's what SHE said". Not he hoss, not HE
  • paulheels
    Options
    @stike. Also no they've been here before and love my amenities. Don't be an ass

Haha. I'm not mad. Just picking' fun at ya. They don't even pay any mind to them now. It's all bout the EGG and the fire pit.
  • stike
    Options
     you're the one that dropped "cornhole" on us. :))

(and "...what he said" was playing off the manliness of your gathering. )