Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fixin's for a bbq'd brisket sammich'?

RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Is there a consensus at all about anything that's added to make a seriously good, kick butt brisket sammich'?

Onions, peppers, garlic....anything at all? (Added to the sauce, that is...)

This is my very FIRST beef brisket!!! Yayyy...I'm pretty excited....she's in the cooler resting like a good girl...

Thanks a ton!

RicklessssssssS in Oregon

Comments

• tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    I like to keep brisket sandwiches simple.  Sweet onion slices, a little que sauce and fresh bun or roll.  I want the smokey beef to be the star.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391

Thanks tnbarbq,

I kept it even simplier, just sauce and the meat on a roll....maybe I'll try "stuff" on the  next go around..

RicklessssssssssS

• Here in TX we do a little sauce, pickles and onion (I just do sauce and pickles). We like the cheap white bread/hamburger buns so the meat is the star. No fancy kaisers or flavored bread

How did it turn out?

• RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391

Thanks Cen-Tex! I appreciate the feedback.

I'm always likin' to know how they do it in Texas, for sure.

I figure you guy's ought'a know! 

Thanks again,

RicklessssssS in Oregon

• Thanks Cen-Tex! I appreciate the feedback.

I'm always likin' to know how they do it in Texas, for sure.

I figure you guy's ought'a know! 

Thanks again,

RicklessssssS in Oregon

We sure like to act like we do!!!! :))

• I like Carolina Slaw on my Brisket and Pulled Pork sandwiches.  
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too!