Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Building a table question

Options
rambrose
rambrose Posts: 23
edited April 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I'am planning on building a table for my large BGE and tiling the top my question is do I need to put Dura Rock down under the tile or would it pitting the tile on the plywood be ok?

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I'm doing one now (see photos in "I'm done cooking with my egg"). I used silicone for glueing them down to plywood. When I cut the opening for my sink, I was beating the tile to remove them. Silicone is a great glue and with the plywood, I will get some flex when moving without any breaking.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• rambrose
    Options
    Saw your table looks great are u going to use a colored silicone for you grout joints?
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Yes, it's an aluminum colored outdoor window/ door silicone.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• rambrose
    Options
    Thanks, going to start work this weekend and get it done in a week taking advantage of being off next week with the kids for spring break.
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Try to plan around the silicone drying time. If you set the tile and keep working in other areas, they could move. I set my center row first at night, I then worked on other areas the next day then set one side before calling it a night ect. That way I set the tile and left it dry overnight. FWIW

Big Lake, Minnesota

• rambrose
    Options