Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket question

tazcrash
tazcrash Posts: 1,852
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK, so it seems like my first pizza put the first hurting on my gasket. ( http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1171613#Comment_1171613)
So now I've heard of a lot of choices, rutland, permatex, nomex, commando.
I can't imagine not having that gasket will seal as well.
For those who run without a gasket, do you have problems with stability at low temp cooks?

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
All to get cheaper brisket! 

Comments

• Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    If your egg is less than 1 year old then get a free nomex from BGE. I got 3 cooks out of the factory gasket, and I must be on 200 cooks on the nomex BGE sent me, and I see no reason it wont do another 200 cooks.
  • Greygoose
    Greygoose Posts: 103
    how to i go about getting a free nomex gasket from them?

i see that there are now nomex gaskets that come with adhesive on them. do those also need to be "pre-shrunk" in the dryer?

thanx

Greygoose
  • chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140
    I just got my high heat gasket sent from BGE they were shipping it today. All i did was email them from there web site and they got back to me. They asked where i bought my egg and when and what my address was. They also gave me some recommendations on how not to fry the new one. They had great customer service.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Thanks all, I've sent them an email. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Focus on results. It was hard for me too. We pay all this money on our egg and when something fails we panic. Give yours a try with no gasket and if it doesn't work for you, put on a new one.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    No free replacements in Canada ... I asked.
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    I just got my high heat gasket sent from BGE they were shipping it today. All i did was email them from there web site and they got back to me. They asked where i bought my egg and when and what my address was. They also gave me some recommendations on how not to fry the new one. They had great customer service.
    And what were their recommendations for not frying the new one?
    Eggo in N. MS