Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Night Tonight

Options
EddieK76
EddieK76 Posts: 416
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was gonna do the pork loin but my wife wanted something less substantial for dinner so we decided on pizza.

Made 2 pizzas. One just cheese for 2 of my kids and my wife. Then made pepperoni for my youngest son and myself. Funny story about the pepperoni....When opening up the package I kinda opened it up all over the floor and my 2 labs had a good amount of pepperoni...Saved a few pieces for it....Pizza was delicious! 

On spring break with the kiddos this week so should be some good cooks coming up! 

Large BGE

Comments

• Goose53
    Goose53 Posts: 11
    Options
    Did u do the crust from scratch?
  • NewEnglandEgger
    Options
    That looks great! Can you share some details on what ingredients you used, and what grill setup, temp and duration were?

Tom
  • EddieK76
    Options
    I just use Naked Whiz website for pizza crust.....Never left from it :)

Just used Mozz, this canned pizza sauce that I absolutely love it's called Dei Frateli (or something similar)  

Platesetter legs up, grate, green legs and pizza stone at 550 temp.  
    Large BGE

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Looks great, Eddie.  I usually do great pizzas also, but my last one was a total failure.  I let my wife's friend load it up, and she got way too much cheese on it.  I should have known better.  By the time the cheese melted, the crust was burnt.

Your's looks perfect, all the way around.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• EddieK76
    Options
    Looks great, Eddie.  I usually do great pizzas also, but my last one was a total failure.  I let my wife's friend load it up, and she got way too much cheese on it.  I should have known better.  By the time the cheese melted, the crust was burnt.

Your's looks perfect, all the way around.  

Thanks man!  I use one brick of cheese and then shred it up....We like em cheesy here :)
    Large BGE