Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Night Tonight

EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was gonna do the pork loin but my wife wanted something less substantial for dinner so we decided on pizza.

Made 2 pizzas. One just cheese for 2 of my kids and my wife. Then made pepperoni for my youngest son and myself. Funny story about the pepperoni....When opening up the package I kinda opened it up all over the floor and my 2 labs had a good amount of pepperoni...Saved a few pieces for it....Pizza was delicious! 

On spring break with the kiddos this week so should be some good cooks coming up! 

·

Comments

• Goose53Goose53 Posts: 10
    Did u do the crust from scratch?
    ·
  • That looks great! Can you share some details on what ingredients you used, and what grill setup, temp and duration were?

Tom
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    I just use Naked Whiz website for pizza crust.....Never left from it :)

Just used Mozz, this canned pizza sauce that I absolutely love it's called Dei Frateli (or something similar)  

Platesetter legs up, grate, green legs and pizza stone at 550 temp.  
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looks great, Eddie.  I usually do great pizzas also, but my last one was a total failure.  I let my wife's friend load it up, and she got way too much cheese on it.  I should have known better.  By the time the cheese melted, the crust was burnt.

Your's looks perfect, all the way around.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Looks great, Eddie.  I usually do great pizzas also, but my last one was a total failure.  I let my wife's friend load it up, and she got way too much cheese on it.  I should have known better.  By the time the cheese melted, the crust was burnt.

Your's looks perfect, all the way around.  

Thanks man!  I use one brick of cheese and then shred it up....We like em cheesy here :)
    ·