Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza Night Tonight

EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was gonna do the pork loin but my wife wanted something less substantial for dinner so we decided on pizza.

Made 2 pizzas. One just cheese for 2 of my kids and my wife. Then made pepperoni for my youngest son and myself. Funny story about the pepperoni....When opening up the package I kinda opened it up all over the floor and my 2 labs had a good amount of pepperoni...Saved a few pieces for it....Pizza was delicious! 

On spring break with the kiddos this week so should be some good cooks coming up! 

·

Comments

• Goose53Goose53 Posts: 10
    Did u do the crust from scratch?
    ·
  • That looks great! Can you share some details on what ingredients you used, and what grill setup, temp and duration were?

Tom
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    I just use Naked Whiz website for pizza crust.....Never left from it :)

Just used Mozz, this canned pizza sauce that I absolutely love it's called Dei Frateli (or something similar)  

Platesetter legs up, grate, green legs and pizza stone at 550 temp.  
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looks great, Eddie.  I usually do great pizzas also, but my last one was a total failure.  I let my wife's friend load it up, and she got way too much cheese on it.  I should have known better.  By the time the cheese melted, the crust was burnt.

Your's looks perfect, all the way around.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Looks great, Eddie.  I usually do great pizzas also, but my last one was a total failure.  I let my wife's friend load it up, and she got way too much cheese on it.  I should have known better.  By the time the cheese melted, the crust was burnt.

Your's looks perfect, all the way around.  

Thanks man!  I use one brick of cheese and then shred it up....We like em cheesy here :)
    ·