Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs Tamed

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the ribs were good. Maybe a bit more done that optimum, but the fat was successfully rendered. The crust was, well, crusty. The meat was very tender, still moist, but flaked easily (not at all like pork). A very nice mesquite flavor, with a little sweetness from the sauce to compliment JJs rub. [p]They were on the egg 7.5 hours, the last hour the egg was shut down. Average temp of the cook was probably 230. [p]I used my extended grate to get the meat further from the coals. Started at 200, and worked up to 240, but it dropped back to 225 while I was working. I let it go at 225, cuz it really looked like they were coming along. I think 225 for 7 hours would be perfect (at least with the small slab I was working with). [p]Definitely worth doing. The other slab I have in the freezer will probably go in a soy, garlic, ginger marinade tomorrow, for a Thursday cook. That dang membrane is a bit pesky on the beef ribs, and very thick. I thought I had removed it, but obviously I only got a layer. They really do get in the way of eating![p]So, if ya haven't done beef ribs (brisket on a stick as JJ says), give it a go. [p]Cheers
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments