Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sneak Preview

2»

Comments

• waegger
    waegger Posts: 88
    You run a shop  vac down from the top . simple.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    @Doc_Eggerton The eggs will be sitting on stand somewhat similar to this.  The stand will have nicer non-space shuttle feet and will not have the top ring.  The shoot that you see in the picture will be similar and will prevent ash from getting on the red wood bases that will hold the eggs.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Thinking ahead!  You are a man with a plan.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Probably one of the best looking table combos I've seen. Can't wait to see the final.
    @Doc_Eggerton
    Easy to clean the ash out with the bge ash pan. Has a lip on the bottom side that fits right in the bottom vent, love it.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • cazzy
    Thanks @Gato.  It should be finished next week.  Soft close drawers were installed today so they're finishing up the trim tonight.  Then comes stain and the numerous finishing touches.
  • Gato
    Sweet, I did not have the small nor did I think I would have two eggs when we built my table.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • cazzy
    @Gato I just searched for your table and it is very beautiful!  Love the finish!  Months later, is the egg hole size a problem or did it turn into a non issue?

After looking at your casters, I think i'll have to see how different size casters change the look of the table.  
  • Gato
    I've felt the table top many times even during high temp cooks. Really a non issue I guess, but I still think I would have made it a hair bigger if I did it again. My casters are fairly small, can't see much of them and I like that.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • cazzy
    It's starting to come together. Trim has been added and all the cedar as been stained. The 2x4 is an example of the finish that will be applied to the red wood. The red wood base was stained like the cedar and it looks almost the same so I want contrast and I don't want the red wood to lose its character.

• Any new updates or pictures of the table?  Has there been a new thread that I missed?
    LBGE Apprentice
  • cazzy
    Any new updates or pictures of the table?  Has there been a new thread that I missed?
    The table is ready and at home.  I have some pics, but i'm waiting to get my eggs in there first.  Very happy with the end results.  I'll make a new post in a day or two.