Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PartyQ/NanoQ Opinions?

2»

Comments

• Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Cowdogs if you have either one of these devices you should keep the top vent closed. The point of these two devices is to provide the air needed to keep the fire at a certain temp. If you you have the top vent open it allows air to get inside the grill and allows the fire to breath. With the top close your device should keep a constant temp. within a degree or two.
    I guess I should have said I figured that out after couple of times of overshooting.  I noticed when I kept the top vent nearly closed, the DigiQ will not over shoot by more than 5 degrees.  The DigiQ does best when it is moving temps up slowly, and you have to help it sometimes out by choking it a bit.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    hey Whiz, do you know if the new gurus run off a car jump pack, like the old competitors can.....might be an easy option for very long term power.  I wore out the protective cover at the power buttons on both of my competitors, so I'm thinking about an upgrade.... thanks 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • YukonBill
    YukonBill Posts: 23
    Just FYI, it sounds like the release of the CyberQ WiFi (with iPhone/iPad app) will be within a couple of days. May be worth waiting to see the specs if you're in theatket for a new control.