Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Should I buy???

brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine won a small egg at a liquor store. He wants to sell it for $325 obo. Should I buy it? It's never been used and doesn't include any accessories. Just the egg.
Auburn, AL
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,942
    That is a good price in my neck of the woods. He will likely get that, but offer him 300 and see if he will go for it. If so, there is 25 to put towards a nest. Good luck.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    You are asking the BGE forum if you should buy a BGE?  I am gonna go out on a limb here and guess what all answers will be...
    ·
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    I'd pass on it and put that money towards a large.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·
  • I'd pass on it and put that money towards a large.
    agreed!

·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    I was gonna ask if you currently owned a larger size.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • neumskineumski Posts: 41
    Put the money towards a large...absolutely!
    2nd large Egg Nest
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    It is a good price and if you think you would ever need another egg this may be the time to get one.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I will take it for $325 if you don't want it.
    ·
  • Definitely get it. Add a large when you can. A small and large is a hell of a combo.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • brownbwbrownbw Posts: 111
    I already own a large.  Forgot to mention that...  
    Auburn, AL
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,525
    Do it then!  I love my large/small combo!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,942
    Definitely get it. Add a large when you can. A small and large is a hell of a combo.

I think I am going this route myself eventually.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Definitely get it. Add a large when you can. A small and large is a hell of a combo.

I think I am going this route myself eventually.
    I think the Mrs is driving up down this road to get her own egg. :) 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • I already own a large.  Forgot to mention that...  
    Then buy it yesterday, dude!

·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    For that price jump on it! We have a small, 2 large and an XL. We do a lot on the small for just the everyday cooking.
    ·
  • you cant go wrong...go for it! :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

·