Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Fest

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I talked to my local dealer about an Egg fest here in Columbia SC.
They are so into selling gassers and fireplaces that they have no interest.
I wish someone would do one here in South Carolina.[p]Jerry

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Jwirlwind,[p]I would not let that stop you. If I was in your shoes, I'd cut a deal with the folks in Atlanta to sell Demo Eggs at a very good price to attendees and then see what it would take to deliver them.[p]You then can organize it without the local dealer. After he sees what he is missing, perhaps he might want to participate next time.[p]Drop me an email if you'd like more ideas.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Charles in SC
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    The Florida fest egg supplier was in Florence, Al.
    which is a long way from Ocala. Maybe another dealer would be interested. Why not ask here on the forum?

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Jwirlwind, talk with BGE HQ and find the name of the distributor for the Columbia area. I know we have a lot of interested folks in the SC area. Last year we had a mini-mini-fest at the 'Blues and BBQ Festival' in Greenwood. BGE was a corporate sponsor and we cooked all day on a large, small, medium and mini. JSlot was competing so we drew some attention. It would be fun to do a EGg Fest and I might even be able to find a country locale to host it if you really want to go "woodsy" around Chappels SC. But there are a lot of good state parks around Lake Murray or even Lake Moultrie or Lake Marion if you want to do something like QBabe did down in Florida. Course if Puj was just real nice, he'd invite all down to Charleston for a weekend.

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    Yes the dealer at the Florida fest was great.I just received my platesetter today from him.He gets my business.Too bad your local dealer wants to pass up business.

• edwingerace
    Options
    I am in SC and would love to do an egg fest.......
    Columbia would be my 1st choice
    Edwin
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I talked to my local dealer about an Egg fest here in Columbia SC.

They are so into selling gassers and fireplaces that they have no interest.

I wish someone would do one here in South Carolina.[p]Jerry

Come on over to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in Hiawassee, GA in May : http://www.mountainegg.com/index.php

I'm going to have over 100 cooks doing their thing!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

I would so like to make your Fest. But the time will not work out.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I am game for a Columbia,SC fest as well.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • erblove
    erblove Posts: 97
    Options

I'm new to the forum and looking to get an egg...but I'd be willing to assist with an Eggfest in Columbia.

Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!