Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I bet Travis and Mickey got rain today

Options
boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
lol - I drove down 35 today from Dallas to Austin.....    Went through it...
Cookin in Texas

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    That's because they're good and righteous. For the rest of us, we are crawling in the dust with parched lips, begging for the sweat from their sandals to sooth the cracks in our skins. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• boatbum
    Options
    Follow the camels - they run to water...
    Cookin in Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Should have said something and had lunch. Yes on the rain.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    That's because they're good and righteous. For the rest of us, we are crawling in the dust with parched lips, begging for the sweat from their sandals to sooth the cracks in our skins. 

Gary the rain gods are a little slow and think you are still HD. They respect your work and not about to dump water that would make your head swell.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Steve753
    Steve753 Posts: 140
    Options
    We who live in So Cal will get two more months where it could rain. After May, we have to wait until November.
    Large Big Green Egg
    Weber Gold
    Old Smokey

San Diego, Ca
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I had to stand in formation for 30 min in the middle of it. poo poo on the rain.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • boatbum
    Options
    Should have said something and had lunch. Yes on the rain.

Would have loved to, last minute trip.    I go to Austin alot - alternate between flying and driving.  Next trip will give you a heads up.  

I came through Salado between 3 and 4 - hit some solid showers.

Cookin in Texas
  • boatbum
    Options

btw VI - remind me sometime to tell you my camel joke I heard the other day -- I bet Travis heard it while on deployment ... not sure I can share it here.... LOL

Cookin in Texas
  • Mickey
    Options
    Travis I thought you were in that new army w/o formations. Glad to see you still have a job after being off the past two months :D