Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump in Arizona?

A2Z
A2Z Posts: 99
edited March 2012 in Off Topic
Just starting with my BGE. Does anyone know where to find  Wicked Good Lump or Humphrey's in the phoenix area?

Comments

• Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    I'm close by in Vegas and have never seen either here.
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • A2Z
    Thanks Jameson.  No responses from any one in phoenix.  Must be the only egger here.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    You can buy WG off of their website 3 bags at a time. I know that doesn't answer your question but it is an option.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • AZbge
    AZbge Posts: 96
    You aren't the only one is AZ but I don't think there are a lot of us.......

You can find Wicked Good at BBQ Island in Tempe.  Not sure if about Humphrey's but if someone was going to have it, it would be them.  They are the best place in town for BGE accessories but unfortunately, they know it and are very arrogant. 
  • A2Z

I purchased my large egg from bbq island, it was a demo at eggfest. Arrogant may be an understatement, probably will not be spending another dime there.  If I treated my customers that way, there would be no business.  I have a bag of really good lump from them, did not see any wicked good. 

Thanks for the reply.  I am going to try kroger brand from fry's, they tell me it is made by royal oak.

• AZbge
    Couldn't agree more. Bought my second egg last week from them and that's the last time dime of mine they'll get. Didn't even go to their eggfest last weekend because of it.
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    A2Z, Do you have an ACE Hardware near by? Ace is going to be stocking WG soon if they don't already have it. I am in WI and our ACE Warehouse is supposed to get it some time in late April. If you call them or stop by and they don't have it in stock just ask them if they can order it for you. They should be able to find in on "acenet" and if it is not stocked yet they should be able to give you an anticipated delivery date.

• A2Z
    Thanks pswarren,  I will check with ace.
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98

To make it easier here are the ACE Skus for the Wicked Good and the Grillmark (Royal Oak) if you decide to call or if you need to special order it. Both skus are listed in the Prescott Valley warehouse which normally means they stock it or it will be available in the future. Happy grilling!

WG - 8322786

GM - 8273427

• AZbge
    Thanks PS. I ran into my local ACE over the weekend. It is in the system but not in the warehouse yet. The expected arrival date is 4/23 and should retail for 20.99. It didn't sound like it was going to be stocked in the stores so you have to go in and ask them to bring it in for you.
    I didn't ask about Grillmark. I hadn't heard of that before or knew that it was Royal Oak.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

We did a group buy here in the DFW area - centex99 cooridinated it.  Wound up at $18 per 22lb bag ( shipping cost included ).

If you have several folks in the area, think about organizing something like that.   I was paying around 30 at a dealer for a green bag, hard to do that anymore.

Cookin in Texas
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Wow, 30 a bag. 
    We have an upscale BGE dealer near me, and the bag of BGE lump is 25. Even with a 20% off coupon, I find it hard to pay for when I can drive 10 NYC miles to pay 18 for a 22 lb bag of wicked good. 

And I might have found an even closer supplier. :) still waiting for shipment

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • AZbge
    Wow, 30 a bag. 

That's what I'm seeing out here. Primo as well.  If I can get WG for $21 I'm still coming out ahead.  I do like boatbums group buy idea but I don't think we have enough egg heads out here yet.