Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just Curious.....What is the significance of, or why did you choose the "handle" that you have?

BGElovrBGElovr Posts: 83
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

BGElovr = :x  my Big Green Egg.

• tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    I love bbq, judge competitions sometimes and have been called a bbq snob.  Plus I live in TN. So there ya go.
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,866
    Same as my email. It's my first name and half of my last.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I would like to invoke the 5th Amendment.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• It goes back to the C.B. radio days.
    Mudpuppy45 (Ten Miles North of the Gulf in Alabama) Large BGE
  • FliehighFliehigh Posts: 76
    Long story from my Youth. :-)
  • Worked for a railroad and I'm retired.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • A few yrs back on the "other forum" there was a big dust-up and a somewhat celebity cook chimed in on someones opinion, which wasn't wrong. He was WAY out of line and I mentioned that I'd doubt BGE would be happy with his comments since he also represented them. His response and explanation could not have been more backwards and a$inine. At the time you could sign on under temp names as many did when things hit the fan. I signed on to his reply as Imstilllaughingatyourresponse and he stopped. So I shortened it to use on this forum.
  • eggoeggo Posts: 451
    Seemed appropriate for this forum. No story behind it..

Eggo in N. MS
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,102
    Mine is a nickname given to me by a friend's dad when I was about 13
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,524
    caz are my initials and I added zy for gangster and sex appeal! :-\"
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,473
    I am a long time bow hunter and my wife got me the BOWHUNR plates for my truck in 1998.  I've had them ever since.

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    The black one.....not looking so Mighty here...
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Nick name from high school days, 55 years ago.
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    This is a 20 year old handle that has seen a few forums and IM systems in it's day. 
    It was my HS nickname (and favorite WB character), and my pet's name at the time.  
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • It's short for the name of my blog, Necessary Indulgences.   I used to be "Kris in FL" years ago on the other forum.
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • DOCEDDOCED Posts: 69
    I am not very creative so use my profession and first name . Have used it on fishing websites (used to tournament fish) and on Gaelic speaking websites. Truthfully, I don't want to have to remember more than one, need the memory space for other things!
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652

At the time I came up with that handle I had a R2-D2 cooler, 2 Eggs (XL & Small), and a desire to produce some BBQ.

Last year I was lucky to win the Mini at an Eggfest but I'm not changing my handle now.

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,684
    One of my buddies is an amazing golfer, and I used to caddy for him. He called me Chubbs and I believe it was a dumb movie reference (Happy Gilmore)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • waeggerwaegger Posts: 65
    I live in washington st.    WA egger
    marysville,wa. mini & large.
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    I like boats.
    Cookin in Texas
  • JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 193
    Originally from Kansas, now living in Iowa.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • "The Old North State" is the official song of the great state of North Carolina, where BBQ is considered a religion.  I proudly use its name in my handle. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,165
    BYS = my initials
    1981 = year I was born

It is also my twitter handle.
  • pezking7ppezking7p Posts: 132
    Originally from Kansas, now living in Iowa.
    Graduated from Iowa State, I'm afraid we can't be friends if you're putting hawkeye in your name.  :P

My handle is from a band I really liked about 15 years ago.  I've been using it since, though I don't associate the name with the band anymore. 
  • nemonemo Posts: 105
    A nickname given to me while in the Big Red One during the 60's.
    Fairview, Texas
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,810
    edited March 2012
    It was my handle on a cigar forum I used to hand out on.  Seemed like it would work on this forum too.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• hogsfanhogsfan Posts: 128
    I'm a huge fan of LSU. 

Just kidding. Go Hogs!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,633

What I am called by most.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• It's what my mom gave me
  • Being a carrer F.F and I used to use a 500,000 BTU weed burner to start my Weber, Thought it would be appropriate. And I also want to name my dream resturant someday that name.