Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin tonight's menu

Options
smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok we had a Home and Garden Show here today, there were 24 BBQ competitors at this show BBQ-ing. They had 4 different meats to present to the judges. Pulled Pork, Brisket, Chicken and Ribs. It was fun to walk around and smell the aroma's from the different grills. They presented their offerings to the judges and then the general public got samples. Well that got the juices flowing and had to put a pork tenderloin on the egg tonight. We did hassle back potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, and then the pork loin. Cooked at 400 and everything turned out yummy. My Sweetheart loved the recipe for the pork. Got it from the Big Green Egg Cookbook. 

Pork Tenderloin
Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon chili powder
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup sugar.
1/2 balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 blackberry perserve
1/2 cup of chicken stock
2 tablespoon unsalted butter.

Brushed the pork with olive oil and then hit them with the chilli and salt and pepper. Put the sugar into a small saucepan and melted it over medium heat.
Added the vinegar, chicken stock, and preserve and blended them together. Simmered that and then added the butter to it and stirred it all together.
Brought the pork to 145 internal and then pulled. It was a great meal. I added some apple wood for smoke, but in retrospect we both agreed not to do the smoke thing next time. My wife loved the sauce. There is a tiny bit of meat for leftovers, will be doing this again.
Try it, ya might like it.

:P :P
Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Oh yea, something else happened while we are letting the potatoes grill, we were sitting out on the deck, sipping beverages, happened to glance over at the neighbours, only to see him and his father in law replacing a burner on his propane grill. Told Mama, "Look something we will never ever have to do again. Love my neighbour,  8-} L-) but it was funny to watch. I remember those days. I don't want my attitude to cause failures on my egg, but it was just fun to see him struggling. Told my wife, " Will have to convert him."
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Mantoothian
    Options
    This sounds amazing. What are the measurements for the balsamic and blackberry preserve?
    Denver, CO
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Sounds good, but I cannot see the images.  :s