Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

First Spatchcock

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,531
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK I decided to try a spatchcock, and a split chicken.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  Any rumors that the half chicken was caused by a first time disoriented cut is completely unsubstantiated.

Indirect, plate setter with drip pan and raised grid.  Cooked at 375 until the thigh registered 108, and let rest for 10 minutes.  Applewood chunks for smoke.

The chickens had been brushed with Dichicko's garlic, and were injected with D's marinade cut with bourbon.

The skin and sauce blackened, but the meat was extremely juicy and flavorful.  

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys